3kg beef ribs
3 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce (undivided food Co)
2 oranges - juiced
1 tsp fennel (lightly toasted)
1 tsp caraway seeds (lightly toasted)
1 tbs honey
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs tamari
2 whole tomatoes
1 tsp sweet paprika
1. In a large oven proof dish (with lid) heat the olive oil on stove top on high
2. Add the beef ribs two or three at a time to brown. Ensure you turn the ribs often to ensure they are caramelised all over
3. Pre heat the oven to 130C. Throw all the remaining ingredients into a blender and blitz until fully combined
4. Once all the ribs are browned, pop them all in the oven proof dish and pour over the mixture from the blender. Place in the oven and cook for 4 hours or until the meat falls away from the bone.
5. We served ours with mashed sweet potatoes and smashed peas.